Translate

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

About Us



-Hey I'm Jacqui(for short) and I recently got my license. My major is Civil Engineer, but I'm aiming to get a Master's on Structural Engineering. I'm more of an active person, so I usually like to play any type of sports on my free time. One funny thing about me is that when I first came to U.S. and heard about wiener dogs, I thought American people where actually eating dogs. My first impression was how can they eat cute little dogs. After a while, I realize that they were referring to hotdogs instead of dogs. Doing this project was interesting for me because for the first time I know what's the reason most schools buy junk foods and also hearing from my teammates research I can see that school food values are different in other countries. Anyways, I just wanted to inform people that they should be more careful about what kids eat at schools, since they don't know the harms that it could do to their health. Mostly everyone can according that school lunches was funded by the government to provided the nutritional values that we have at home, but what some families don't realize is that schools buy foods that are cheap. That means unhealthy foods like chips, pizza, hamburger, chicken nuggets, etc. "As you can see, school lunches are made of mostly fast foods that take up to 51% of daily diets making kids become unhealthy". In other words, if you are a concern parent take action and demand that school lunches start to provide better nutrition's for your children like Obama Michelle. She is the white house lady and as she saw all this unhealthy eating habits that schools were having, she decided to take it upon herself to help children through out the country to start eating healthier. I hope that this blog brings knowledge of what is going on at some Americans school, the reasons behind it, and child's health.
http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/08/4616281/california-school-lunches-missing.html

-My name is Yuk Cheung Lau and you can also call me Jack. I come from Hong Kong and I am 22 years old. My major is Finance and I am a freshmen. This is not my first year to study in America, I came to study in America when I was a sophomore in high school. I like the college life in America, students and teachers are really friendly and helpful here. I think I am going to be a businessman after I graduate. I enjoy the English 113A and 113B for my first year at CSUN. I've learnt a lot about writing skills and how to do well on the presentation. I think the blog and presentation we did this time is interesting and important for our daily life. It helped us to understand more about how to eat healthy during our daily life. My part was the questions and answers. I found out some information from the internet and got a couple of videos on YouTube. I found out there's a lot of school provide unhealthy school lunches to the students. It is really bad for the students because unhealthy food can cause them diseases, obesity and make them lack of energy. Healthy diet is important for all of us, I hope the government can find a way to solve the problem of school provide students unhealthy food.

-Hi I'm Yilin, a nice girl from China. This is my first year to study abroad. I'm glad that my spoken English is much better than yesterday. My major is Business Management. What I expect is to get a Bachelor's, and make many foreign friends during my college life. When the first time I came here, I was not used to American diet. Most of food in America is fast food, like hamburgers, French fries, chicken nuggets, coke and so on. It is totally different from Asian food. Like me, people in china always eat rice, meats, fishes, vegetables and soups as daily diet. I think that’s the reason why many people in America is fatter than those in other countries. Anyway, I’m interested to talk about this topic. It is a issue that kids can not get enough nutrition from school lunches. Indeed, I found many pictures show that school always provide kids fast food as their lunch. Because most of school lunches are funded by government, it is financially beneficial for the school to supply cheap food. Besides, parents are so busy in working that they don’t have enough time to prepare lunches for their kids. So people have to choose school lunches. However, I hope readers to realize that although it is convenient for kids to have lunch at school, it is bad for their health. Kids can’t get enough nutrition at lunch time and they will have no energy to spend the rest of the day. What’s more, I think it is important for government to change the food provided to kids. Kids can get more proteins and vitamins if there are more eggs, vegetables, fruits added in their school lunches. In addition, I suggest people in America can eat more grain food instead of junk food. Like rice, cereal, and bread. All in all, I hope this blog brings some suggestions to you to have a healthier diet than before.

-My name is Junxiao Shao. I am from China. I am a California State University student now. My major is finance. I want to be businessman in the future and make a lot of money. This is my first year in the Unite States. Before I came to the America, I already knew McDonald's, burger king and others American fast food. I thought I could be used to fast food in the US. But when I came here, I found I was not used to burger, pizza and steak everyday. I wanted to eat some rice, ripe vegetables, sauted meat and fish. I was very interested in what American people always eat at home or at school. So I choice “school lunch nutrition” this topic. I think international students and American students also were interested in it. After searched information, I found a lot of schools’ lunch is fast food. They were burger, pizza, chips and other no nutrition food. I think this is the reason why some people are fatter than other countries. I hope the government needs attention school lunch problems. It must be improvement. And I also hope more people can read our blog. We can attention school’s lunch problems together. We should be more concerned about the growth of the next generation. Because the country’s development requires youth. I hope every readers can like this blog and pay close attention to school lunch problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment